about me about this xox links

maowmiaow.blogspot.com

curvy chic + plus size fashion
instagrampinterest+ FollowHome


Aussie Curves - Anti-Celebrity Copy Cat

Hola curvettes :D
This week's theme is not something that inspires me, I'm afraid. A (originally short, now somewhat long) explanation as to why:

When I dress myself, emulating current fashions / celebrity style is the furthest thing from my mind. I dress in what I like, regardless of it being "on trend" or not. In fact, the only things that really dictate my outfit choice are what's clean, and the weather! (Which in Melbourne is pretty much a lucky dip anyway.. most of the time I'm in multiple layers!) I like patterns, textures and good quality fabrics. I like brooches and embellishments, I love military-inspired things and interesting & unique pieces. If something is "in fashion" and I like it, believe I'll get it. Remember when epaulettes were a thing a few years ago? I went crazy buying stuff because I loved it! But whatever is trendy is not necessarily what I wear. I shop online, in stores and in op-shops, because at the end of the day I'm really just after interesting/cool items of clothing that I like and think look good on me! I consider the biggest compliment to be when friends / family say that an outfit is "very me" - I believe clothing is a form of expression, so if my style is being identified as unique to myself... doing it right.
What it really comes down to is that I'm very much against the whole magazine / celebrity gossip culture instilled upon women as a whole, so while there may very well be celebrities in existence who share similar style to myself, I guess I'm just anti-celebrity copycat as a general life rule. So there we go!

However alll that being said, I do have one impromptu celeb copy cat pic to share with you all, straight from Liverpool, England:


~ MM xx



HTML Comment Box is loading comments...
Wednesday, October 23, 2013 (4:57 AM)

OLD | NEW